Joseph P. Laukaitis, M.D.
Medical School - Upstate Medical Center, Syracuse, NY.,
Residency (Internal Medicine) - George Washington University Hospital, Washington, DC.,
Fellowship (Rheumatology) - George Washington University Hospital, Washington, DC.
Internal Medicine - 1986,
Rheumatology - 1988,
Bone Densitometry - 2006.
George Washington University Hospital,
Sibley Memorial Hospital.
Clinical Professor of Medicine,
George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences.
HONORS & AWARDS:
- Member of Alpha Omega Alpha, Medical Honor Society (1982),
- Medical Resident of the Year Award, George Washington University Hospital (1986),
- Scientific Research Award, Children's Hospital National Medical Center (1987),
- Distinguished Service Award, Arthritis Foundation Metro Washington Chapter,
- Accreditation by the AMA Accreditation Program (1999),
- Washingtonian Magazine "Top Doctors" Listing since started practice (1988),
- Marriott Lifetime Achievement Award (2014), Arthritis Foundation Mid Atlantic Region.
PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATION MEMBERSHIPS:
- President, Rheumatism Society of D.C. (2006 - 2007),
- Fellow, American College of Rheumatology,
- International Society of Clinical Densitometry,
- Washington Bone Society,
- Medical Society of D.C.,
- Arthritis Foundation,
- Lupus Foundation of America,
- National Psoriasis Foundation,
- Spondylitis Association of America.
Dr. Laukaitis was born in Boston, MA. in 1956 and grew up in Rochester,
NY. He is married and has twin daughters, Kristina and Maria, born in 1993.
He is of Lithuanian heritage and speaks the language fluently. Dr.
Laukaitis cycles for exercise. He also enjoys playing